Pages

Thursday 31 July 2014

T3 W1 Common Wealth games

Every 4 Years On  Commonwealth Games


Prior Knowledge Of The Commonwealth Games


I know that the Commonwealth Games happen every 4 years. Countries around the world compete in the Commonwealth Games to win medals There are different activities that  take part in this event. Valarie Adams  is a New Zealander who plays in the Commonwealth Games.


My Present Knowledge Of The Commonwealth Games.


The Commonwealth Games started in the year 1930. They did not put together this event in 1942-1946  because of World  War Two. Six different teams or countries attended this event to represent their culture. The Commonwealth Games is an international multi-sports held for the athletes from the Commonwealth nation. These nations are from the United Kingdom and from countries that are previously part of the British Empires Games. The closing ceremony for this year’s Commonwealth Games is in August the 4th, 2014 taking part at Hampden Park.


Evaluation

My prior knowledge had a small amount of information. My present knowledge of the Commonwealth Games has expanded. I have built on my prior knowledge by google searching the Commonwealth Games Wikipedia to find information about this topic. I will learn more by watching the news or by reading the newspaper.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Shae I really enjoyed your type of writing on the Commonwealth Games. I really learnt a lot about the Commonwealth Games. I liked how you knew a lot about the Commonwealth Games in your Prior Knowledge. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.